The website located at www.calahealth.com and all related websites, including the patient portal located at www.mycala.com (collectively, the “Site”) are copyrighted works belonging to Cala Health Inc. (“Cala Health”, “us”, “our”, and “we”). Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
These terms require the use of arbitration (Section 8.3) on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER This website does not provide medical advice or professional advice. Nothing contained within the website is intended to constitute medical advice, instruction for medical diagnosis, or instruction for treatment. Any information provided through the website should be considered to be hypothetical and should not be relied upon to suggest a course of treatment for any particular individual. Information received from the website should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal, technical, or financial decisions. Cala Health does not, through the website or otherwise, directly or indirectly practice medicine, render medical advice, or provide medical services. After reviewing the website and before taking any action related to any content on the website, you are expected to make a reasonable investigation into, and consider the potential consequences of, any such action. This includes, but is not limited to, talking to your doctor to determine the best course of treatment for your individual condition.
- Account Creation. In order to use certain features of the Site, including the online portal to monitor the status of your Cala Health medical device, you must register for an account (“Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. Cala Health may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with Section 7.
- Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Cala Health cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- ACCESS TO THE SITE
- License. Subject to these Terms, Cala Health grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access the Site solely for your own personal, noncommercial use.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Site; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site; (c) you shall not access the Site in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site (or on any content displayed on the Site) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Modification. Cala Health reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that Cala Health will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Site or any part thereof.
- No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Cala Health will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site.
- Ownership. You acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site and its content are owned by Cala Health or its suppliers. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Site) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in Section 2.1. Cala Health and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms. Title to materials remains with us or with the authors of the materials contained on this website. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify and hold Cala Health (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site, (b) your violation of these Terms; or (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. Cala Health reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Cala Health. Cala Health will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- RELEASE. You hereby release and forever discharge Cala Health (and its officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Site. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code 1542 in connection with the foregoing, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND CALA HEALTH (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CALA HEALTH (OR OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF CALA HEALTH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. YOU, AND ALL USERS, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL PRECUATIONS NECESSARY TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THIS WEBSITE IS FREE FROM VIRUSES AND ANY OTHER POTENTIALLY DESTRUCTIVE COMPUTER CODE
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF FIFTY US DOLLARS (U.S. $50). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site (including your Account) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Site will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of content associated with your Account from our live databases. Cala Health will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the following provisions of these Terms will remain in effect: Sections 1, 2.2-2.5, 3-8.
- Third Party Content. Certain content from third parties may be made available as part of our Site. We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this content.
- Dispute Resolution. PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
- Any and all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action (including the interpretation and scope of this clause, and the arbitrability of the controversy, dispute, demand, count, claim, or cause of action) between you and Cala Health and our employees, agents, successors, or assigns, regarding or relating to the Site or these Terms shall exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration.
- Arbitration shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and not any state arbitration law. The arbitration shall be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes from the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”). As modified by these Terms, and unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing, the arbitration will be governed by the AAA’s or JAMS’s rules for commercial arbitration and, if the arbitrator deems them applicable, the procedures for consumer-related disputes.
- You are thus GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights EXCEPT for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You are entitled to a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT.
- You and we must abide by the following rules: (1) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (2) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF, (3) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, we will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation, (4) we also reserve the right in our sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility or all of the costs of the arbitration; (5) the arbitrator shall honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (6) the arbitrator’s award shall be final and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction; (7) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (8) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees’ and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded shall be determined by the applicable law.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or we may bring an individual action in small claims court. Further, claims of infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall not be subject to this arbitration agreement. Such claims shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California. Additionally, notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration, and hereby agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within San Francisco, California for such purpose. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
- With the exception of subparts (1) and (2) in Section 3(d) above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with these Terms, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either subparts (1) and (2) in Section 8.3(d) (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor we shall be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute shall be exclusively brought in state or federal court in San Francisco, California.
- Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, if we seek to terminate the Dispute Resolution section as included in these Terms, any such termination shall not be effective until 30 days after the version of these Terms not containing the agreement to arbitrate is posted to the Site, and shall not be effective as to any claim of which you provided Cala Health with written notice prior to the date of termination.
- For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at http://www.adr.org. For more information on JAMS, it’s Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call JAMS at 800-352-5267 or visit the JAMS website at http://www.jamsadr.com.
- Any and all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action between you and Cala Health and our employees, agents, successors, or assigns, regarding or relating to these Terms or the Site shall exclusively be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, without regard to its choice of law rules and without regard to conflicts of laws principles except that the arbitration provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to these Terms.
- Export. The Site (and any software and applications thereof) may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Cala Health, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Disclosures. Cala Health is located at the address in Section 8.11. These Terms govern your use of the Site; if you are a California resident, you may report complaints about the Site to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Product of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210. If you are a therapy user of Cala Health products, please also refer to our Notice of Privacy Practices. Anything you post, upload, share, store, or otherwise provide through our Site, including any feedback, complaints, comments, ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know-how disclosed therein, is your “User Submission” and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You are solely responsible for all User Submissions you contribute to the Website. You represent that all User Submissions submitted by you are accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. All such information becomes the property of Cala Health or its affiliates and may be used, without compensation to you, for any purpose whatsoever, including disclosure to third parties and/or developing, manufacturing and/or marketing products or services.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Cala Health use electronic means, whether you use the Site or send us emails, or whether Cala Health posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Cala Health in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Cala Health provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- Entire Terms. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Cala Health is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Cala Health’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Cala Health may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2023, Cala Health Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Geographic Application. Cala Health administers and operates the Site from its location in San Mateo, California, USA. If you chose to access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, and you are solely responsible for complying with applicable local laws. Although the Website is accessible worldwide, not all products referenced or described through or on the Website are available to all persons or in all geographic locations. Such products may not be appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Cala Health reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the availability of any product to any person or geographic area.
- Contact Information:
Cala Health Inc.
Address: 1800 Gateway Drive, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94404
Telephone: (888) 699-1009
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.